If you’re facing DUI/DWI charges in Plymouth, New Hampshire, you need a trusted legal advocate by your side.
The consequences of a DUI/DWI conviction can be severe, including fines, license suspension, and even imprisonment. Don’t navigate this complex legal process alone—turn to the experienced DUI/DWI attorneys at Friedman & Bresaw for the dedicated representation you need.
Why Choose Us for Your DUI/DWI Defense?
- Proven Expertise: Our attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling DUI/DWI cases in Plymouth, NH, and the surrounding areas. We have in-depth knowledge of both the legal and practical aspects of DUI/DWI defense.
- Local Knowledge: We know the local courts, law enforcement agencies, and legal procedures specific to Plymouth and New Hampshire. Our local knowledge allows us to navigate your case effectively.
- Customized Defense: We recognize that every DUI/DWI case is unique and tailor our defense strategies to your specific circumstances. We thoroughly analyze the details of your case to build the strongest possible defense.
- Strong Advocacy: As your dedicated legal advocates, we fight tirelessly to protect your rights and ensure fair treatment throughout the legal process. We are committed to achieving the best possible outcome for your case.
Comprehensive DUI/DWI Defense Services
Our DUI/DWI defense services encompass a wide range of areas, including:
- DUI/DWI Charges: We provide vigorous representation for clients facing DUI/DWI charges, including first-time and repeat offenses.
- License Suspension: If your driver’s license is at risk of suspension due to a DUI/DWI arrest, we can help you navigate the administrative process to protect your driving privileges.
- Field Sobriety Tests: We scrutinize the administration and accuracy of field sobriety tests to challenge their validity as evidence in your case.
- Breathalyzer Tests: We examine breathalyzer test results and the maintenance of testing equipment for potential errors or inaccuracies.
- Blood and Urine Tests: If you submitted to a blood or urine test, we assess the proper handling of samples and compliance with legal procedures.
Penalties and Sentencing: We work to minimize the potential penalties associated with a DUI/DWI conviction, including fines, license suspension, probation, and mandatory alcohol education programs.
Understanding DUI/DWI Laws in New Hampshire
New Hampshire, like many states, has strict laws in place to combat driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI). Understanding these laws is crucial if you face DUI/DWI charges in Plymouth.
Legal Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits: In New Hampshire, the legal BAC limit for drivers 21 years or older is 0.08%. For drivers under 21, the limit is significantly lower at 0.02%. Commercial drivers are subject to an even stricter limit of 0.04%. Exceeding these limits can result in DUI/DWI charges.
Penalties for First-Time Offenses: A first-time DUI/DWI conviction in New Hampshire can lead to penalties that include license suspension, fines, mandatory alcohol education programs, and the possibility of imprisonment. The severity of these penalties can vary depending on factors like BAC level and the presence of aggravating circumstances.
Penalties for Repeat Offenses: Repeat DUI/DWI offenses carry even more severe consequences, including longer license suspensions, higher fines, mandatory jail time, and the installation of an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle.
Impact on Your Driver’s License: A DUI/DWI conviction can lead to the suspension or revocation of your driver’s license. It’s essential to understand the implications for your ability to drive and the steps required to reinstate your license.
Understanding these laws is the first step in navigating a DUI/DWI case in Plymouth, NH. Seeking legal representation from experienced DUI/DWI attorneys can help you navigate the complexities of these laws and build a strong defense.
Challenging DUI/DWI Evidence
Challenging the evidence presented by the prosecution is a critical aspect of defending against DUI/DWI charges. Your DUI/DWI attorney will employ various strategies to cast doubt on the evidence and potentially secure a more favorable outcome for your case.
Field Sobriety Tests: Field sobriety tests, such as the walk-and-turn or one-leg stand, are often used by law enforcement officers during DUI/DWI stops. However, these tests are subjective and can be influenced by factors unrelated to intoxication. Your attorney may challenge the validity of these tests.
Breathalyzer Tests: Breathalyzer tests measure a driver’s BAC and are commonly used as evidence in DUI/DWI cases. Your attorney may investigate the calibration and maintenance records of the used breathalyzer machine and question its accuracy.
Chemical Tests: Blood or urine tests may be conducted to determine BAC levels. Your attorney may scrutinize the procedures for collecting, handling, and analyzing these samples to identify potential errors or contamination.
Probable Cause: Your attorney will assess whether the police had a valid reason to stop you in the first place. If there was no probable cause, it may be possible to challenge the entire case.
Challenging evidence requires a comprehensive understanding of DUI/DWI laws and the technical aspects of evidence collection. Experienced DUI/DWI attorneys know how to identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case and exploit them to your advantage.
Why Immediate Legal Representation Matters
If you’ve been arrested for DUI/DWI in Plymouth, the importance of seeking legal representation cannot be overstated. Immediate action can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Preservation of Evidence: Over time, evidence related to your case can deteriorate or become less reliable. Immediate legal representation ensures that crucial evidence, such as video recordings or witness statements, is preserved.
Protection of Rights: Your attorney will uphold your rights throughout the legal process. This includes protecting you from self-incrimination and ensuring proper procedures are followed during your arrest and subsequent legal proceedings.
Timely Response: Quick action lets your attorney build a defense strategy immediately. This includes gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and identifying potential weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.
Potential Reduction of Charges: In some cases, early intervention by an attorney can lead to reduced charges or alternative sentencing options that may be more favorable than the original charges.
Facing DUI/DWI charges can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to navigate this process alone. By seeking immediate legal representation, you give yourself the best chance of achieving a positive outcome in your case. Our experienced DUI/DWI attorneys in Plymouth, NH, are here to help you every step of the way.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Don’t delay seeking legal representation if you’ve been charged with DUI/DWI in Plymouth, NH, or the surrounding areas.
Contact Friedman & Bresaw at (603) 707-4800 for a free consultation. We will review your case, answer your questions, and provide guidance to make informed decisions about your defense.
Friedman & Bresaw are committed to educating our clients, providing expert legal representation, and ensuring that your rights and future are protected throughout the DUI/DWI defense process. Let us be your trusted advocates during this challenging time.